I survived my first out-of-state comic book show. I want to write-up a more detailed recap soon (hopefully for tomorrow, because I pretty much slept all day Monday), but here is a quick run down for now.
- SPACE (Small Press and Alternative Comics Expo) is a great show. Lots of indie creators. Worth a trip, for sure.
- I bought a Square Reader, but didn’t need it for any of my sales. However, the register part of the Square app is very handy for recording cash sales (keep records is always a good idea). I plan to write more about Square soon.
- I didn’t sell any prints or Chocolate Quest comic books, but I did sell sketch cards¹, mini-comics, and stickers.
- A two-day show like SPACE was a great way to try different layouts with my table. More on this (with photos) soon.
- I sold a zombie cat sketch.
- Several folks asked about buying my sketch cards online, so I will look into making them available soon–maybe using a site like storenvy.com. I would sell, and mail, the original cards myself, and they would not be prints (although I may sell prints/merch of a few via my society6 shop).
- There’s free pinball in Columbus, Ohio, at a place called Podunk’s.
- I met a few other artists, including Matt Dye. I still need to work on networking (I was super-exhausted on Saturday however).
OK, that is it for now. I’m resting up and going over my notes. Look for another post tomorrow.
Find out what's on Clearance at ThinkGeek!
¹ Both sketch cards were of cats (including a recreation of Mr. Pickles from this comic). Along with the zombie cat sketch I sold, I need to bring more cat stuff to sell, apparently.
Visit my Society6 and Storenvy stores, or shop with these Amazon and ThinkGeek links to help me keep making more.
Follow Daniel and Clattertron